In Summer 2023, Plural Strategy conducted a survey of over 800 B2B information users, to uncover how information needs are changing and which content formats are most valued by audiences.
How are B2B information needs changing?
- Rapid technological and regulatory changes, combined with increased purchasing complexity, are intensifying information needs. This is driving an increasing reliance on high-quality, industry-focused content to educate and inform decision-making. The pace of change creates a range of under-served content needs.
Implications for B2B media providers:
- Content: There is a major opportunity for B2B media providers to drive value through content leadership on strategic themes such as regulation / compliance, industry best practice and emerging technology. These themes are increasingly underserved.
- Capabilities: There is a significant market appetite for high-quality editorial, sponsored and custom content. B2B providers should develop dynamic content delivery capabilities such as video, webinars and short-form content.
- Products: B2B audiences are not one-size-fits-all and engage with information differently depending on sector, job role and seniority. Better understanding user behaviour will allow B2B providers to more effectively deliver targeted content.
- Face-to-face events: Focused event formats are increasingly attractive, particularly for senior decision-makers.