This September, we launched the Media Acquisition Report 2023 in London – a collaboration between Plural Strategy and Collingwood Advisory.
Based on interviews with trade buyers and private equity firms, the Media Acquisition Report aims to uncover M&A trends across business information, publishing, marketing services, and events.
What is contained in the report?
Download the summary report to explore respondents perspectives on:
- Structural and cyclical factors affecting M&A in B2B media
- Top five characteristics of a valuable business
- Deal killers
- Average valuation ranges by business model
- Why integration is a key value creation tool
- Recommendations for sellers
Cautious optimism continues
There were lower deal volumes through to Q3 2023, compared to the same period in 2022. However, appetite remains strong from trade and private equity buyers for market leading assets.
As buyers look ahead to 2024, cautious optimism prevails.
What are the trends across business models?
- In information services, there is a flight to quality
- Buyers are also experiencing greater scutiny in due diligence
- The last 12 months has seen the return of large scale M&A in B2B events
- In digital media and marketing services, there has been strong interest in businesses with more sophisticated client/sponsor propositions.
Photographs from the Media Acquisition Report launch event used with permission from Collingwood Advisory.